Monday 16 June 2014

I Have Been Lax

I have been so lax with “My Mate Parky” and that’s probably because everything seems to be going fine.
I now concisely avoid stressful situations; I walk away, so if I upset anyone by doing this well that’s what is called self-preservation.
Perhaps it has been the years of worrying about everyone else that has allowed Parky to come into my life, could stress be the channel he uses to find his way in. It would be interesting to know if Parky people have been more inclined to react to stress.
I went to a Parkinson’s UK meeting in Loughborough which I felt was very informative. I was also very pleased to hear that they wanted our input that’s us the volunteers.
It was very good to hear what other groups do, not only to raise money but also for their members, I couldn't help looking at the gentleman who’s from a group about 30 miles away from me. We agreed it would be great if we only had the same amount of professionals working in our area. We are still short of a nurse and I can’t see us getting one. It seems that a new support worker has been taken on so that’s one step in the right direction.

I have been on holiday, what is new about that I hear you say? I did some archery and some shooting, it was great fun I really enjoyed it. Didn't do too bad for a beginner. I also went on one of those Segway ride on things (I want one). I could zip round and leave the people on mobility scooters standing, mind you it would be no good for shopping nowhere to hang a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment