Saturday 30 October 2010

Living with Parkinson's Disease

I am not sure when Parky made me aware of his presence, it was as if he had been around for a long time but kept very quiet.
He started to cramp my style, stopped me in my tracks and made a general nuisance of himself. I would be minding my own business doing some mundane job and there he was a real pain in the bum.
What does he do? Well if I am trying to open a bag he holds my fingers, if I am trying to dance he thinks it’s fun to make my shoes so heavy that I look such an idiot and also feel like one. He holds my neck in a vice like grip so that I feel like a robot, probably look and sound like one as well.
Sometimes I think I have left him behind me but I can’t fool him, he just lets me know that he is happy to stay with me forever.
I suppose in some ways I have got used to having him around, I like to think I can get one over him on occasions. I decorated the hall and just nipped off to bed for a nap when he called.
So what will life be like with a Mate like Parky??????????????????????????????

  

1 comment: