Monday 13 January 2014

Flat Pack Conundrum

I decided it was time that I updated my working area in my office. How come that by sorting one room out I end up making a mess of the rest of the place?
I sent for a flat pack desk, I really enjoy getting stuck into one. I have even volunteered to help other people so that I can get my hands on any kind of flat pack.
This one turned out to be a bit of a nightmare, I followed the instructions (not bad for me) but it wasn't fitting together as it should, I hadn't started cursing but I was very very close.
If you have ever taken on one of those flat packs you will know what I’m on about if not it may seem I am talking nuts.
There are these locking type connecting metal things for joining pieces together. Usually they are in a bag so that you can put them in the holes provided, but it seems someone decided that it would be a good idea to insert them at the same time as the hole was made. That was a very fine idea what they failed to realize some of the bits they were removing remained in the locking piece making it impossible to put the connecting bolt in.
This I found out after a lot of joining and taking apart so then I turned the place upside down looking for something to remove the pieces.
What would have taken me a couple of hours took me a couple of days.

I am sat at it now; the draws are full so is the cupboard so fingers crossed it stays together, maybe it’s a way of telling me to give up flat packs NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment