Saturday 14 May 2011

To Jim

Today is the tenth anniversary of the death of my lovely husband.

When we met I was working in a local hotel in the bar and he was in charge of a group of men who were installing laundry equipment in our local laundry.

I was separated from husband number one and was quite enjoying being single,  because  of what had happened I was livening in a mobile home at the side of my parents, plus 2 children and 2 dogs. He had been divorced a while and was living out of a suite case with a room at his parents.

He said he knew as soon as he saw me, but I was running scared I had decided Love was not for me, who wanted a bloke interfering in my life?

Shall I say with his wacky sense of humour which matched my own, and his total love of me I was won over.

He was a romantic, I still have the cards he sent me. When we got married he whisked me off to Florida and we were married on the beach, I had never seen him so serious.

When he was diagnosed with Prostrate cancer he fought long and hard to overcome it as he said it was the first time in his life that he had all that he wanted.

I feel very privileged that for a few years he was my life, and maybe I was meant to there for him shall I say it was destiny  

He kept his sense of humour right to the end teasing the nurses in St Barnabas Hospice in Lincoln

So today is Jims day a day when I can feel the warmth that he surrounded me with,when I can look back and know that he enriched my life.

Thank you Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment