Monday 6 May 2013

Cards and Domino’s



The night before last I babysat three children and one 90 year old. I thought it would be easier to have the grandchildren with me while doing a stint looking after my Mum.
The fact that I managed to cope with both young and old has a lot to do with my eldest granddaughter, she was always nannies treasure when little and still is. She not only helped with her young brother and sister but was excellent with her great granny.
I thank her for taking care of her Nanny as well, all three of my grandchildren ask me if I have taken my tablets and the little one at four years old likes to get me a drink of water to take them with. I may be a bit biased but I think they are going to grow into very special people.
I am teaching them how to play cards and domino’s which takes me back to my own grandmother who taught me when I was a child. I enjoy their company and love to see how they cope with winning or losing. When the two youngest went to bed it was time for a few different games of dominos. Maltese cross, and Matador, that certainly gets the brain going. I never let them win but love to see the look on their faces when they work out how to play well enough to beat me.
I have started to drive again as I am not now falling asleep at the drop of a hat, which was caused by the increase of pills. I am pleased that I am driving again but a bit miffed that my pills had to go back up, who knows if I can stay stress free maybe they can come down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment