Friday 29 November 2013

Christmas Dinners

First Christmas Dinner eaten, local Parkinson’s support group Christmas dinner planned. I guess it must be getting close to December the 25th.
With nearly a month to the big day it feels like it’s a lot closer. I have been trying to make my Christmas cards, but will I be able to afford the stamps. Please no one send me one of those larger ones as last year the post office must have made a bob or two out of my Aunty as she didn’t realise that her card needed higher value stamps on. The post office then charged the people who received them the extra plus £1 not a bad way to earn an extra crust.
Today we had the last Parkinson’s meeting of 2013 where did that year go? Lots of new people we are getting a really nice mix. We had two ladies who gave us massages, I was lucky enough to have an Indian head massage. I ended up looking like a scarecrow but it was well worth it.

While this was going on we had games and it seems that my shut the box was a great hit, I also bought a new game called Qwirkle I don’t think anyone managed to suss it out so will have to play it with the grandchildren before it shows its face at another meeting. 
Next month we have the Christmas Dinner to end the year. I have taken charge of it for several years now and quite enjoy doing it; we are up to 32 at the moment so a good turnout.
I well overslept this morning so it was panic stations to get my pills and move myself. I just about got myself in gear for the meeting. I have an uneasy feeling that my tablets are getting a bit of an issue. I am going to bed later and later in fact two nights in a row I had very little sleep. I have started to rock which I suspect is not the best of signs.
So from this bog eyed scarecrow good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment