Friday 2 December 2011

Let the Train Take the Strain??

Yesterday I did my annual meet up with my three lady friends, when we met it was as if we had seen each other just a few days ago. We fall back into a nice easy banter and know that we enjoy each other’s company.
I can’t believe it’s a year since we were all together, as our lives are changing it has been the first year since we met that we haven’t managed to get a break together.
It’s a time to catch up with each other’s lives, to find out about children and in some cases grandchildren. For those with new partners it’s a time to sing the praise of those left at home.
We have met in York for the last four or maybe five years as we like it a lot and find everyone can get there on the train, well I say everyone. I of course am the odd man out, (should have said lady).  Although I set out one of the first I was the last to arrive. I had to sit on Grantham station for an hour waiting for the connection.
I was BLOOMING FROZEN, and as you may know Parky is not very pleasant when cold. I stayed calm which was not bad for me and went on to have a very nice day. A bit of shopping, a bit of eating, and a fair bit of chatting.
So one outfit and one meal later we are getting ready for the return journey, two went off leaving two to try the new chocolate place. It got a thumb up from us both. Off we went to the station with a bit of time to spare and boy oh boy there on that flashing board they have my train cancelled.
I had picked that one as there would only be one change.  Parky doesn’t like too many changes, that was not to be, two changes plus the last part of the journey on a bus.
Now very cold, and in the company of one screaming child and a gentleman who was sat just behind me talking to his mobile phone for the entire trip.
There I go moaning again.
So here I am, none the worse for my day out, and I do like that dress I got for half price.

No comments:

Post a Comment