Sunday 20 March 2011

China For Me

I have made the big decision to go on a singles holiday to China. Life has had a lot of ups and downs, and as is often quoted to me, YOU HAVE TO DO IT WHILE YOU CAN.
So in with both feet and off in June, I must make sure that I look after myself until then so that I will be able to cope with all the wonderful sites that I have been wanting to see for such a long time. Ever since I first heard about the terracotta army I have vowed that given the time and money that was something I had to see.
I have promised my friend that I will not miss any tablets and will try not to get myself stressed. I will stop changing things around in my bungalow and generally be a good girl so that I can manage.
The thing is I now accept that I have this thing called Parkinson’s, I can see it in the mirror when I miss a dose or am late. My mouth seems to have a bit of a twist and I can hear myself slurring my words, if by any chance I get involved with something first thing in a morning and forget to take my handful of pills I find that my toes curl under like claws. That really hits home, what if for some reason I could not get my pills? What would happen?
I am not going down that line, so as long as I am good I hope to keep Parky on the back boiler, he can be with me as long as he doesn’t interfere with my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment