Monday 28 March 2011

Two Special People

Yesterday was my eldest Daughter’s birthday and today is the first anniversary of my Dad’s death. I am so glad that there is a day’s difference, while we celebrate the first we are aware of the second.
I have been thinking a lot about them both and the qualities they have in common.
Both spent time helping me and worrying about me, and I know that I am an absolute pain in the bum.
My Dad would do anything my Mum wanted and was happy as long as she was around, he did his very best to make her life as easy as he could. He would have fought tooth and nail for his family.  I think the same goes for my Daughter with her husband, they met the first day at University and have been soul mates ever since. I envy both of them for that bond that comes with finding your true love.
My Dad was a strong outspoken caring person who was there for me through thick and thin, I can see the same strength in her. She is a doer if you mention something in passing emails fly and answers are found.
So thank you Dad for being the best dad a girl could have, and thank you T for taking on his mantle.

No comments:

Post a Comment