Sunday 1 April 2012

Sleeping for England


I don’t know why but I have spent the day going from one nap to another.
I have had a couple of late nights so wasn’t amazed that it was 10-30 when I woke up this morning, I just reasoned with myself that if the clocks had not gone forward last weekend it would only have been 9-30.
Today I have done some washing then had a sleep in the chair; done a bit more washing had another sleep in the chair, made myself something to eat then after eating had another sleep in the chair.
Now my day seems to have gone and all I have to show for it is a few bits of washing on the line.
While I was away I got bitten by some sort of insect and had the usual reaction for me a red hot itchy swollen arm. If I had had some antihistamines with me at the time I could have stopped it in its tracks.
Well I say I could I am now a bit dubious as a couple of weeks ago I awoke to find a bite and did a daft thing I took the antihistamine at the same time as my Parky drugs. Boy was that a mistake I sat having breakfast and began to feel a bit strange wasn’t sure if I was going to pass out or be sick. So now have a little niggle about my trip to Peru.
I had better take some drastic steps so that I don’t get bitten. I have seen bands that you wear on your wrists or ankles, I am thinking of four one on each extremity I wonder if you can get one for round your neck?
Back to my holiday bite, as I did not get the single room I was expecting and then having to share what was technically a box made it very difficult when I woke up scratching.
I ended up getting some cloths on and getting out intending to go for a walk, it was bloody freezing so I ended up in reception, the cold must have done the trick and stopped me scratching.
Perhaps today is a day of catching up with all the sleep I lost while I scratched my night away

No comments:

Post a Comment