Wednesday 5 January 2011

Hospital Fear

I think I am starting to get paranoid about having to ever go into hospital.
One of our Parkinson’s support group members has just rung me as her husband is in hospital; he had a fall and was taken into our local hospital which is 24 miles away. (The same one Parky and I go to)
For the first three days he was not given his Parkinson’s medication which has resulted in a worsening of his condition, it seems that now they are trying to sort this out which means a long stay in hospital.
IF OUR PARKINSON NURSE HAD BEEN REPLACED THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN SORTED.
We are in desperate need of a nurse; she could earn her salary by looking after us at home.
The Hospital Trust has been so short sighted in not providing the backup that is needed, and I am sure if its figures that worry them, they would find it beneficial.  
By the way the piece I have written in capitals is the bit where I am shouting at my computer, no one should have to have their medication stopped.
PLEASE FAMILY AND FRIENDS DON’T LET IT HAPPEN TO ME

No comments:

Post a Comment