Friday 10 December 2010

Messy Me

My third bedroom is my office, and this is where I spend a lot of my time. It is always a bit messy and failing that very messy.
There are usually bits of paper and ends of sweet packets. I can see a couple of pegs, a cuddly toy and who knows there may even be a partridge in a pair tree lurking about.
Hard as I try I can never seem to get clear, and it doesn’t help that when I try to tidy the rest of my bungalow I end up putting bits I don’t know what to do with in here.
My late husband used to say that when I tidied up a pile of things I just made it into several piles, and over the years I seem to have perfected that.
I try to kid myself that a lot of things are not mine, like mums paperwork or my grandchildren’s toys. But a lot of it is mine and it wants getting rid of.
I don’t seem to be able to just throw it out; I can recycle, but not throw.
Don’t we all have those pots that have in them little bits that we can’t get rid of because you know that when you do you will come across the thing it belongs to.

No comments:

Post a Comment