Tuesday 30 November 2010

Do It Myself

Cutting my food up is a bit of a challenge to say the least.
So that is why when eating out I ask for a steak knife no matter what I order.
You would think that a simple request, not on your life.

First I have to reassure the waitress that I’m not a raving loony, (hard I know).
Then of course you get that look that says. What’s wrong with my food?

I was on holiday in Bavaria not long after I was first diagnosed. The waitress was a little bit frosty with us all and was getting a little annoyed at my request for a sharp knife, she had resorted to just throwing it onto the table. After one of these incidents I took her to one side and explained the reason, she was a transformed character after that, all the other guests were astounded and wondered what had brought about such a change of attitude.

I have been offered knives from the kitchen, and my all time hate - WE CAN CUT IT UP FOR YOU

It absolutely infuriates me, I can cut my own food up thank you, and all I need is a SHARP KNIFE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So don't be afraid to stand your corner, let people know that you can't cope, I know i'm the worst person to be giving advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment